The day has finally come…for Andrew and I to start our own family blog. Until now, it just did not seem to make much sense for us. But as of recently, we have discovered a new desire and reason to record the special moments of our life together. On July 1st, Andrew and I found out that we are expecting a baby this March. Though it was completely a welcome and exciting surprise…a surprise it definitely was. I was scheduled to have a much overdue wisdom tooth extraction the following morning and realized all of a sudden that I was 4 days late.
I called the Dr.’s office and was advised to take a pregnancy test before coming in the following morning. Fortunately for me, Andrew arrived home that day from a week-long business trip and accompanied me to Walgreen’s around 10:30 P.M. Almost without too much thought, since we both were 100% convinced that there was “just no way” (Andrew had been out of town most all of June), we took the test and awaited the results. Andrew had set up the test, so thinking I was just making sure the cap was put on correctly so that neither of us would see the result before the other, I picked up the test and mistakenly saw the word “PREGNANT” displayed on the digital screen. I screamed and Andrew rushed over to see what had happened... I pointed to the test on the ground; jaw dropped and locked. He picked up the applicator and his face confirmed what I thought I had seen too… He said, with a boyish smile on his face, “Wow, you’re pregnant!”
So there it was, I canceled my appointment the next morning and we settled in with the very exciting, however, surprising realization that we had just begun a new chapter! Now 17 weeks along, my desire to document this amazing journey has become increasingly overwhelming…part of the pregnancy instinct I'm sure... and I now no longer feel that I can resist the need to blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment