Wednesday, November 9, 2011

First Halloween



Halloween is a favorite holiday of mine. I guess it's because it's so unique in nature and it brings back such wonderful childhood memories. It combines some of my favorite things: Autumn leaves and crisp cool air and warm yummy soup.
I am also one of those people who wishes they could still trick or treat. I hate passing out candy now that I am an adult because the truth is...I still want to dress up and trick or treat and collect as much candy as I can. :)


Andrew and I have been really looking forward to Madsen's first Halloween. I remember last Halloween (being 21 weeks pregnant) and trying to comprehend without having ever met him what it would be like to have a son and to dress him up Halloween. And that makes this so surreal that he is now 8 months old and I am posting with blog with pictures of my sweet little boy in a bear costume. It seriously melts my heart.

We went trunk-or-treating with Andrew's parents on Saturday night and then spent Halloween night passing out candy :-) at my sister Elizabeth's home with her family and my mom.
I got a little carried away with the grandparent photos but oh well...it was fun! It was wonderful being with family and celebrating this spooky holiday all-together.

4 comments:

David and Liz Barham said...

He is the cutest little bear I've ever seen!

Unknown said...

Such an adorable bear cub!

Kaitlin said...

These pictures are adorable! Madsen is such a cute little bear! Just want to munch him up. And your blog is so fancy, Look at you miss hip mommy blogger!

The Clarks said...

Awesome pictures Ashley! You just need to post them bigger! Once again...nice Picnik skills. You are a natural. :) He was SO cute! Can't wait to see you guys!