We hosted a light luncheon at our home after the blessing for family and friends. Our luncheon menu included: Quiche Lorraine and Crabmeat Quiche, Cesear Salad, butter croissants, strawberries, pineapple, chocolate cake and orange juice. It was a huge hit and a special thank you to everyone who helped out with the menu. It was delicious and perfect for the occasion!
Since Madsen's blessing did not fall on a fast Sunday, I felt a little ungrateful to be unable to bear my testimony that day and thank my Heavenly Father for the greatest blessing/gift of my life. So I will attempt to share now what I wished I had been able to share then. Becoming a mother has changed everything. Everything. It's hard to explain in words, but I feel as if my life before March 1st in some way was unimportant or should I say naive. I know that seems odd to say but compared to the enormous responsibility and purpose I feel now, it just does. Not only does my life hold more purpose for me but I know my life holds more purpose for being a mother to Madsen...to be his teacher, his protector and his nurturer. I feel tremendous responsibility to be the best mother that I can be to this precious gift from God and that makes one stop and think....really evaluate your life and where you want it to head in the future. People can tell you till they're blue in the face how much your life will change and how much you will love your child and you may think you can fathom it and can prepare yourself for it but it is impossible. Reason being, I'm convinced it that your heart grows 10 sizes the day your child is born and then exponentially grows X 10 each day onward. You can't fathom it because you simply do not have the resources or capability to understand it. The love between a mother and child is instinctual and unbreakable. I loved this quote I read recently, "The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." ~Rajneesh
I feel so grateful, thankful, indebted, happy, scared, hopeful, excited (you name it) to have been given the opportunity to be a mother to Madsen. I now know that this is what life is really all about. Nothing I ever do nor accomplish in this life will ever compare to the joy and happiness I feel from being a mother. Each day I wake up with a newfound feeling of hope and excitement getting to spend the day with my little boy watching him grow and develop right before my very eyes. He is a choice spirit and I love him so very much. In four short months, he has taught me so much about life and myself. I am so proud to be your mother.

3 comments:
Oh Madsen is so sweet! He is sure getting chunky, it is adorable! I am sad we missed his blessing. And your breakfast menu sounds delicious! Maybe I'll have you helping me when it comes time for us to do ours. :)
Loved this post...so true about all your feelings about being a mother. It is so life and soul changing. It was fun to walk with you today! Kylee wants to see her little boyfriend again soon!
Sad I missed it! He is getting so big!
Post a Comment