The last two months I have been admittedly lazy at documenting all of Madsen's precious developmental milestones and taking the plethora of pictures I should to show his physical changes. He has changed so much...and I find it sad as his mother to look back at birth photos and see how much he has already changed in 5 short months. I just want to savor every second because it is all flying by too fast. Madsen continues to have such a sweet and delightful disposition and quite a cute personality. He is fast becoming my little buddy and he knows it! It melts my heart to see the way he looks at me...as if I am the most gorgeous and hilarious woman he has every seen. But, we all know it's because I have breasts. Still he truly makes me feel very special.

Madsen's 4 1/2 Month Well-Check Stats
Madsen's 4 1/2 Month Well-Check Stats
Weight: 17 lbs. 4 oz. (79%)
Height: 26 inches (72%)
Recent Milestones
Height: 26 inches (72%)
Recent Milestones
July 1st: Madsen rolled over front to back (hasn't done it much since, he hates tummy time.)
July 20th: First low-grade fever of 100.4 (after receiving his 4 month shots) :(
July 22-24: Madsen's first brush with teething (no teeth yet, but obviously a painful experience)
July 29th: Madsen discovered he loves sweet potatoes at Texas Roadhouse
August 2nd and 3rd: Madsen rolled over back to front
August 3rd: Madsen feel asleep for his nap w/o having to breastfeed (Recently he has become very attached to breastfeeding to sleep. My pediatrician recommended the Ferber method which is a form of controlled crying it out. I've tried it a few times over the past two weeks only to give up and breastfeed. It is unbelievably hard to listen to your baby cry for so long. I wasn't made for it. But, I tried it again today and after 30 minutes he stopped crying and fell asleep. I couldn't believe it as I was minutes away from giving up again. It felt so good to see that it can work and hopefully it the near future it will get easier for him as well as for me.

July 20th: First low-grade fever of 100.4 (after receiving his 4 month shots) :(
July 22-24: Madsen's first brush with teething (no teeth yet, but obviously a painful experience)
July 29th: Madsen discovered he loves sweet potatoes at Texas Roadhouse
August 2nd and 3rd: Madsen rolled over back to front
August 3rd: Madsen feel asleep for his nap w/o having to breastfeed (Recently he has become very attached to breastfeeding to sleep. My pediatrician recommended the Ferber method which is a form of controlled crying it out. I've tried it a few times over the past two weeks only to give up and breastfeed. It is unbelievably hard to listen to your baby cry for so long. I wasn't made for it. But, I tried it again today and after 30 minutes he stopped crying and fell asleep. I couldn't believe it as I was minutes away from giving up again. It felt so good to see that it can work and hopefully it the near future it will get easier for him as well as for me.
Some of My Favorite Things
I love breastfeeding. I love the connection we feel and the time it gives us to spend alone together. It's our special time and I know he enjoys it just as much as I do. I love how he makes the most adorable sounds, clings on to me for dear life, smiles at me with such loving eyes, flexes his feet in and out in pure enjoyment, and when he's done...pops off and always starts laughing. I even enjoy his mid-night feeding...it's just become so natural and easy. Best of all, it is the #1 soother for a fussy or over-tired baby. So I have to admit, I love it all!
I love waking up in the morning to his enormous smile. I am not a morning person, but the thought of seeing Mady in the morning makes me bright eyed and bushy tailed.
I love to hear him giggle. It is precious and one-of-a-kind.
I love kissing and sucking his toes. It makes him giggle.
I love being in another room and hearing him giggle or coo while playing in his play gym. It amuses me that he knows how to amuse himself.
I love watching him when others hold or play with him. It always makes me reflect on how lucky and blessed I am that he is mine.
I love snuggling Madsen in bed. He is fast becoming my warm snuggle worm. Sometimes in the morning when I crave a little more sleep, I shut my eyes pretending to still be asleep. I watch him watching me as if wondering "when is she going to ever wake up" and then I love watching him eventually turn his head and close his eyes. It's so sweet that he is willing to give his tired mama a little more shut eye. ;)
I love waking up in the morning to his enormous smile. I am not a morning person, but the thought of seeing Mady in the morning makes me bright eyed and bushy tailed.
I love to hear him giggle. It is precious and one-of-a-kind.
I love kissing and sucking his toes. It makes him giggle.
I love being in another room and hearing him giggle or coo while playing in his play gym. It amuses me that he knows how to amuse himself.
I love watching him when others hold or play with him. It always makes me reflect on how lucky and blessed I am that he is mine.
I love snuggling Madsen in bed. He is fast becoming my warm snuggle worm. Sometimes in the morning when I crave a little more sleep, I shut my eyes pretending to still be asleep. I watch him watching me as if wondering "when is she going to ever wake up" and then I love watching him eventually turn his head and close his eyes. It's so sweet that he is willing to give his tired mama a little more shut eye. ;)
Some of His Favorite Things
Madsen loves his Neptune play gym...he dominates the poor thing.
Madsen loves nursing...quite the understatement.
Madsen loves bath time, infant massage, car rides and stroller rides.
Madsen loves time with Daddy. He always leaves his biggest smiles and loudest giggles for Andrew. Even when Andrew has been gone on business for 2 weeks at a time, Madsen always immeadiately recognizes him. It's so special to see their reunion.

Madsen loves nursing...quite the understatement.
Madsen loves bath time, infant massage, car rides and stroller rides.
Madsen loves time with Daddy. He always leaves his biggest smiles and loudest giggles for Andrew. Even when Andrew has been gone on business for 2 weeks at a time, Madsen always immeadiately recognizes him. It's so special to see their reunion.
4 comments:
Madsen is the most beautiful baby in the world, TRULY! He is such the handsome 'lil thing and I love him so very much. When I was looking at this blog entry, Monet saw me looking at the pic of Madsen and she squealed, "Baby Madsen!" ;) What a wonderful documentation of his first 5 months of life and I'm glad that you're doing this. You've inspired me to add more detail to Genevieve's blog entries and so after her 6-month this week, I will give more details of her milestones/achievements, etc. So thanks for that! ;) I love you, miss you and can't wait to see you and your beautiful family... When that will be, I don't know so I'm hoping we can work out something for Mama's 70th birthday!!!
He is so stinking cute! I can't believe how big he is already! It's awesome that you guys figured out the nursing thing and love it so much. It's so easy to get frustrated and give up in the first few weeks and miss out on a great part of having a baby. That's how I feel anyway.
Oh...that was great! I love your posts! He is such a lady killer. Loved the photos!
That was such a fun, inspiring post! You are such a great mom:) Madsen is one lucky little guy. I'll miss seeing you around the neighborhood.
Post a Comment