Madsen turned one on March 1st. You know what they say...time flies when you are having fun. And what fun we have had this past year with this little monster of a man!!! Madsen spent his actual birthday up in Helena, MT while Dad was there on a business assignment but when we got back into town we made sure to keep celebrating. We ended up making it a pretty low key occasion after much back and forth and just had family over for the big cake eating display (as seen above) and cake and ice cream. It was hilarious to watch and Madsen LOVED his cake!
As I just said, Madsen LOVED his cake! Words worth repeating. :) At first he was timid and seemed pretty perplexed by how to attempt his 'very own cake', but much like anything else, once he figured out how and especially once he realized the chocolate layer beneath the frosting, he was hooked. He kept giggling with excitement as if knowing, we were allowing him to do something he knew was pretty outright naughty. He definitely has a sugar tooth. The cake fest was such a mess but SO SO worth it!
Just look at that little monster of mine covered in chocolate cake! LOVE IT! & LOVE HIM!
These are the photos I captured just as I woke him up the morning of March 1st...We were just way too excited to see our new ONE-year-old, but as you can see he was none too happy to oblige. He takes after his Mama and loves his sleep...
We enjoyed a yummy birthday lunch at Mackenzie RiverPizza Co. with Daddy. Mady spent most of the time busy flirting with a cute girl named Jane in the booth just across from us. Afterwards, I went up to their table to give Mady an up-close view of his new little girlfriend just to find out Jane was there celebrating her One-year birthday too!!! Such a small world that I just had to get a photo of Madsen & Jane on their shared birthday. :)
This photo speaks for itself...but in case it doesn't, just know that we are extremely proud parents of this sweet, mischievous, heart-melting, way too smart, vivacious, loving, manipulating, adorable and beautiful baby boy! So richly blessed that he is ours... <3
So cute Ashley! That cake looks divine! Mmmmm. Madsen is such a cutie pie. I just love him. And well done with your Picnik skills. :) The PicMonkey site is now just like Picnik - fyi. :D Happy BIrthday Madsen!
2 comments:
Ahhh I loved this post!!! Great pics too.... He is so stinkin cute and seriously those cake pictures are to die for. Let's get together soon!
So cute Ashley! That cake looks divine! Mmmmm. Madsen is such a cutie pie. I just love him. And well done with your Picnik skills. :) The PicMonkey site is now just like Picnik - fyi. :D Happy BIrthday Madsen!
Post a Comment